Day 7: Tuesday 5/9/17

I started at the Inn at 8:30. I choose to work in Miss Korie's classroom again today. The kids were coloring and doing different things when I came in. I sat and colored with some of the girls. We then had circle time. They went over the days of the week and months. They also sang many different songs. During circle, Miss Korie explained the two activities we were going to do for the morning. They then went to snack in which I sat with them. After they had snack, I read a book to some of the kids while Miss Korie sat up the table for the activities. She sat at the table with the mother day activity. I sat at the other table.The kids were coloring coffee filters in which they then make them into flowers. I helped the kids glue on their leaves and then the flower they made out of the filter.. We did this for about an half an hour or so. After this we cleaned up everything and then we went outside for a little bit. We played on the field. Many of the kids ran around and played tag. After this we then went inside for lunch. I helped heat up lunches and gave kids plates who asked for them. After this it was time for nap. Miss Korie sat up their mats and they all give me hugs before I left. I went back at 2:30 in which they were all waking up. I put the mats away that the kids were sleeping on. The ones who wanted a snack were allowed to have a snack. The others played with something else. We then took out white boards and most of the girls colored while the boys played on carpet. I noticed that the girls like to color a lot and the boys do not prefer to color at all. They are definitely the ones who have the most energy. The after school kids then arrived in which we went outside with them. We played outside and I raced some of the kids who asked me to. I then left for the day. I worked a total of 5 hours and 45 minutes today.

Comments