Day 15: Friday 5/19/17

Today was my last day at the Inn. I started at 8:30 like every other day. I spent my day in the four year old classroom. When I got in I got hugs from most of the kids. I then sat at the table and colored with some of the girls. Brantley and Charlie then asked me to play a game with them. I played the game with them. After this we decided to try and go outside. We saw that the bugs were bad outside so we were hesitate on going outside but we gave it a chance. The kids had bug spray on. We went outside but we only lasted about 5 minutes before the bugs were attacking everyone so we went inside. When we got inside we had circle time then snack time. After snack we decided to try the other playground for the morning. The bugs were just as bad there so I went back inside to get some things to put on the pavement, we then went out there and played. The bugs were just as bad there so we decided to just go back inside. They set up a bouncy house in one classroom and in the other kids colored and played with the other things in the classroom. I colored a picture with Addie. We did this for a while then had circle again. We sang songs at circle and then went to lunch. I helped heat up the lunches and sat and talked with the kids. I then left while they napped. When I came back they were waking up from their naps. I helped the kids put their things away. I then read them a book while Miss Korie was helping other kids. After this I sat with Taft because he was feeling sick. He had a very high fever and wasn't himself. So I sat with him and hung out till his parents got there. I then went back into the classroom and played around. We then walked over to the other classroom. We sat in circle. Two of the kids then went over to get the poster they had made me. The teachers also gave me a card. The poster had most of the kids handprints on it and it was extremely cute. I was kind of sad to have this be my last day. I have really grown close to these kids and I love spending my days with them. I am definitely going to miss spending my days at the Inn. 

Comments