Weekly reflection 5/21/17

This week at the Inn was extremely fun but also very sad. This was my last week working with the kids. I think this week I grew the most throughout my whole project. This week I learned more of what goes into being a teacher. The time it takes planning and the work that teachers have to do outside of school. I learned about what they do during there breaks. I also learned how they go about planning their days and how much work it goes into making the classroom run successfully.Also I just kept learning how to control a classroom. I also learned the things that are good to do when it is warm outside. I also saw how sometimes you have to have a back up plan incase something goes wrong. For example we wanted to go outside one day but the bugs were so bad so we were unable to go outside and she had to think of something else for the kids to do. This week was very hands on and I had a lot of power in the class. I felt like I really helped out. I loved working with the kids and being in the classroom. I think something that is challenging is when we can not go outside. It makes for a long day having to stay inside. We have to find these that the kids are going to enjoy that are able to be done instead. The hard part of this week was definitely saying goodbye. I have grown pretty close to the kids within my weeks here. I adore being with them and they really can change your mood. They know how to make you smile and always keep you laughing. Spending my day with them and constantly getting hugs is something I am going to miss a lot. I also think this week has helped me achieve my goals. I know am so sure that this is something that I want to do in the future. Working at the inn has helped me realize this. 

Comments