Weekly reflection 5/7/17

I enjoyed working at Imagination Inn this week tremendously. I think that this week was very eye opening to me though. I think it was hard at first not knowing the teachers and environment well. As the week went on and I became more comfortable with the teachers I really enjoyed being there. The kids I spend my day with are amazing and they really love being there. The teachers make the day so special and fun for them. I have definitely learned a lot this week from the teachers. I was in Miss Korie and Miss Crystals classroom for most of the time. They showed me what it really is like to be a teacher of these kids. A lot of time and preparation goes into it. They also had cool, fun activities for the kids to do and tried to make everyday different. They also taught me what the kids were allowed to do and were not. The daily schedule finally started to sink in so I was more comfortable helping out. By the end of the week I was able to help heat up lunches and tell kids what they were allowed for snacks. I also felt more confident with what I was doing. The teachers really give me a chance to help out and step in and do things they would normally do. Having the chance to be a little in control was really something cool. It helped me realize what being a teacher is really going to be like. Two things really shocked me this week at the Inn. The first is how much energy it takes everyday. Working there the hours I did, I found myself tired every tired. But I also realized that I loved being there. The children are amazing and as tiring as it was I definitely worth it. I realized that this is something I want to study in college for sure. I enjoyed my time at the Inn so much over this past week. I learned so much from just a week and I can not wait to see how much more I can learn in the next two weeks. 

Comments

Post a Comment